1. Define the objectives
Every site has its own measurable KPIs (orders, cart amount, visited pages, click rates on advertising, etc.).
Ideally, objectives have to be formulated in a SMART way : Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time defined.
2. Plan the test & its protocol
The test protocol clarifies the methodology and the scope of the remote usability test :
- Panel selection depending on the targeted audience (persona / sample)
- Test scenario and task to be performed by the testers
- Test tools selection
- Project milestones
3. Target and address the users
Your targeted audience may be more or less broad, and consequently your targeted users may be defined with a few or a lot of criteria. Testapic has a dynamic panel database with more than 50 criteria which can be customized to fit your needs.
It is also possible to include in the targeted audience :
- some prospects
- some users of competitors
- some customers of your service
4. Build the test scenario
It is possible to :
- let the user browse randomly your website or
- ask him to perform specific tasks.
Many studies have proven that the 2nd method is far more efficient to maximise the amount of identified usability issues ; hence this is the methodlogy used by Testapic.
The test scenario is built depending on the main user paths and the scope / objectives of the test. It is then detailed with tasks that the users will be asked to perform during the test.
+33 (0)1 47 00 92 86
Example here (with text ?)